Saturday, January 31, 2009

driving around with you...

As a disclaimer, I did NOT get in a wreck..but I would like to take you through the scenario I was placed in on my way to work this evening. Here I am, driving (dootie dootie doo) along, and I make a left turn onto a somewhat busy street (state street for those in the area) and am driving past the DI when someone in the lane to my right begins to merge into my lane (apparently blissfully unaware that I am currently occupying that spot), I proceed to SLAM on my brakes (thank heavens no one was behind me)..sending my purse and work bag (and contents) violently spilling onto the car floor. I continue to drive, at this point I realize that the person who so rudely cut me off STILL does not know the trouble they have caused me. This causes rage and other frightening feelings to cause me to want to RAM my car into the back of them. (counter-productive I know, since I just so narrowly avoided an accident). I mean road rage does not even touch the amount of anger I felt. Probably not that big of a deal, but living in the glorious state of Utah has brought me to this point. People here DO NOT pay attention. I guess they are relying on the good Lord to keep them out of harms way!! (Lightning is going to strike I am sure..but just talking about is getting me all riled up again!!) And this incident does not just happen to me, it happened to my RS president just yesterday (probably the same inattentive, unaware driver!) So the next time you are driving (whether you are in Utah or not) please oh please pay attention to what you are doing!! Late.

2 comments:

jrwillden said...

uh huh. Are you speaking directly or indirectly to me? Although I will have to continue to inform the world--no accidents here. I may be a driver that floats down the road like a pinball using the white lines as my bumpers but hey-no accidents and I don't cut people off...that I am aware of anyway.

I am chuckling as I read your post because I can see this happening. What I cannot see is the amount of rage as described coming from you. I will toy with the idea.

auntie said...

am trying to picture the contents of your purse and work bag "violently" spilling to the floor. I wonder what your face looked like.

I almost went head-to-head with a guy in the middle of the turning lane on Main Street just the other day who was in quite a toot to turn into the liquor store lot. No children with me at the time, thank goodness as I had nothing positive to mutter about the ilk that was he. One must always drive defensively. And think kind thoughts, of course.