Tuesday, February 3, 2009

give thanks for the farmers

So I recently discovered the Sunflowers Farmers Market..and am in love with it! I don't buy all my groceries there, as I am not really all that into eating strictly organic..but there produce and meat are fabulously priced and I am so excited. I took an online quiz to see what kind of eater I am..to then determine how I needed to change my diet (note: i did NOT say go on a diet..just to change it..make it better as it were), and was told that I do not eat enough fruity things. After a late evening journey to the farmers market with some friends I proceeded to buy blueberries, blackberries (I ate the whole container in one sitting) and oranges along with some local chocolate milk all for the staggering price of five dollars. I went again today and was so pleased with the selection and price once again. I was able to purchase oranges, apples, strawberries, and grapes all for about 8 dollars. Plus, I could get any kind of cheese I wanted and a wonderful selection of veggies (the veggies are the next step, one thing at a time people!!). I am sure this post was just thrilling for you..but I needed to let you all know how grateful I am for the farmers of the world! Take care and if possible..buy local!

2 comments:

auntie said...

By contrast, I spent sixteen dollars on ice cream and toppings at the store last night and proceeded to eat an entire box of Goo Goo Cluster--at two different sittings at least 45 minutes apart. I had a whole bag of oranges and apples, but for some reason they didn't have the appeal of the ice cream. Stick to the fruit. Don't buy any ice cream, whatever you do. It's evil.

Where is this economical fruit stand? I suppose it's too far to drive in an afternoon?

kara said...

not a fruit stand..it is a market..and it is naturally here in provo/orem..so you are welcome to drive down and peruse around..but that would most definitely take more than an afternoon.

p.s. i have ice cream. it is an addiction. samoas girl scout cookie ice cream..i couldn't resist. ah, maybe someday i will have the resolve to stop.