Tuesday, November 4, 2008

changes

So..I am NOT happy with the outcome of the general presidential election of this country, but I will say that for me, this just reinforces what I know about the state of the world. We are headed down a slippery-slope towards the END..and I am happy to report that my faith in the Lord and the prophet are stronger than ever. I feel for the people who look to Obama as a Savior instead of looking where they should, toward the Lord, but I voted, and it is over now..and we have to pick ourselves us, trust in the Lord, and do the things we know we are supposed to.

Moving on to exciting news, my brother Jordan and his wife Kayla welcomed a baby boy Ryder Edward Willden into the world on Nov 3rd. I am very excited that mom and baby are doing well. Hard to believe that my baby brother has a baby, but I am still very happy for all.

To take note, I am currently looking for another job, and perhaps a move to a different locale. I am not necessarily unhappy in Provo, but I am unhappy with my job and the direction in which my career is headed. I have since found out that I cannot get the degree I want from BYU, which was the whole point, so if I have to get it somewhere else, it just makes sense to move. No I don't know where yet, though moving to Salt Lake is an option I am considering. Also moving back to the great state of Texas is an option, but one I think I only consider because of the proximity to my family. This won't happen very soon, as I have made certain commitments to my job and my apartment complex, but just knowing that I have the support of my Dad in this, makes the prospect of staying for a little while longer a whole lot easier.

I also just need to say how grateful I am for worthy and wonderful Priesthood holders. It is a great feeling knowing that I have guy friends who I can turn to who will help me if I need it. It is a great feeling, and I have a deep respect for my current home teacher and his roomates who have been so amazing in recent weeks.

3 comments:

auntie said...

This whole election has a surreal feeling about it. Am having trouble expressing myself about it and have erased at least seven different things so I guess I will give up.
Sorry to hear about your job. We've not finished a conversation of late so I've not heard about it. There's always Colorado, ya know. Jobs here too. We'd love to have you a little closer.

Sarah said...

you can't leave me yet! you just got here!

jrwillden said...

I am happy to hear of the prospect of your return. I hope you find what you are looking for--regardless of where it is.

Miss you girly.