Tuesday, November 18, 2008

i am

So..I went ahead and took the plunge and started reading Harry Potter..much to the delight of everyone it seems. I am in the first book..so don't tell me anything about what happens..I am trying to get through it..and have found that indeed the books are better than the movies..at least as far as I can tell.

I went on a date with a friend on Friday night to a murder mystery thing..and it was fun..there were a lot of people there..and the murder was solved in a really ridiculous way..and since I am not completely ridiculous my group did not guess it right..so did not win, which is fine really...because the prize was sparkling cider. Then we played games..and then I went home to watch 27 dresses with my new pseudo-roomates. They are really my next door neighbors..Jamie, Bobbi, Vicki, and Tacie..but they have adopted me and I stay at their house most days (and nights sometimes) which seems to be making life easier. I love these girls. We have so much fun together!!

Vicki, Jamie, Bobbi and I went on a girls-ask-guys group date on Saturday. It seriously was so much fun. My date turned out to be a guy I am pretty fond of..but was my original intended date..as the guy I asked first got sick and couldn't go. But my date was so fun..and he is one of the most amazing guys I know! We started by going to pick them up (which just required walking to the other side of the complex), and going on photo scavenger hunt in groups of four..(me and my date, Jamie and hers)..which was SOO fun!! We had to take pictures of all these random things, and search for various items in the area..and just in case you were wondering..they no longer have phone booths in Provo..I know..we looked everywhere! After the photo scavenger...and some general banter with the other group over who really won (when really, in truth, both teams cheated slightly), we had dessert and played a card game called Nerts..which is very fun..and we all seemed to be evenly matched..so it made the competition good. Then we broke out the popcorn and love sacs (which are super large bean bags) and watched Transformers (bad idea I might mention)..I fell asleep during the movie..but it was fun anyway. Then we walked the guys home (proper dates after all), and then us girls ate more food, and watched part of wedding planner..as we were all very very tired and wanted some sleep!!

So that was are awesome date night, and now all I can hope for is the prospect of a second date, but either way it was really fun!! My dad is doing better getting around on his broken ankle, and I am very grateful to my brother Jake for being with him right now! Might I encourage the rest of you to blog..that would be great...thanks! Also..enjoy the christmas music!!

3 comments:

jrwillden said...

How can one not like Josh Groban. I love his O Holy night ... undecided on NSync's version. And to think we all gathered around the table trying to sing that song. Perhaps another time...

YEAH! So glad you are reading! I'm very excited to read your thoughts. I am feeling the need to re-read them (again).

Also very happy to hear you had such a good time last weekend. Keep me informed.

auntie said...

I am sorry to know what love sacs are.
I am happy you are finally wising up and reading about Harry and Co. My favorite character by the by is Ron. Next would be Sirius Black, but you probably aren't there yet. Shame.
"Wot'cher 'arry."
This by the way is a greeting that Hagrid uses for Harry on occasion meaning "What cheer, Harry"--kind of like "'sup." Just a bit of British trivia that you didn't really want to know.
Please remove the David Bowie/Bing Crosby song. I find it offensive.

Brad and Keri said...

I have decided that you should ask me out on a date, seeing as how you are always doing such fun things. Done and done. I am glad you are reading Harry Potter, I think they're fun. you're fun.