Wednesday, November 12, 2008

what am i thinking?

I still am looking for a new job, though nothing has come of the search yet. But I go to work and do my job, and go on about my business. Dad broke his ankle the other day, I think yesterday, but my days all kind of run together, and I am going to be really honest, it bothered me once again that I could do NOTHING to help him. I mean I prayed for him, and trust that the Lord will look out for him, but I want to make sure that the doctors treated him right and that we are doing everything we can to prevent complications. I can't be in two places at once, however.

I have a confession, I watched a Harry Potter movie. I am sure this delights both Ryann and my dearest auntie and her children. I am really unhappy that I did watch it, and here is the reason...I now want to know what happens. I mean seriously. That is a dirty trick. I told my friend today, that I was even tempted to READ the books. I mean, I have been anti-Harry for many years, and was happy with that. Completely happy. Not to say that I will read them, because I most likely will NOT..as I have always said that I wasn't going to. So I may just watch the movies..or coerce a friend/family member to tell me what happens. Also..Jason Isaacs..who plays lucius malfoy or something like that..is kind of attractive. That's all..no more harry potter talk.

I am going on a date on saturday. I am kind of excited..ok just plain excited about it. This guy is a super fun nice guy in my ward. I asked him, which is not what I prefer, but a group of girls in my ward are doing this girls choice date night..so I joined in. And who knows, maybe he will then ask me on a date...

I am going to dye my hair soon..and by soon I mean within a weeks time..the grey hairs are once again emerging and I can't have that. So any suggestions on hair color would be much appreciated. And in case you don't know..I kind of like to go drastic. Let me know.

3 comments:

auntie said...

Happy to hear about the date. Good or bad, please let us know how it goes.

About Harry...don't be ridiculous, Kara. Of course you have to read the books. Getting second-hand information no matter how well-intentioned is just wrong. I could almost get irritated with this attitude, but I will choose to hold myself in check.

About your father...of course you can be two places at one time. No doubt you are ALWAYS with him-- where it matters most. And sometimes that's just good enough.

auntie said...

P.S. Please put some Christmas music on this blogsite now. And I mean NOW.

jrwillden said...

I am delighted. I second the thought from Auntie--READ THE BOOKS. Lucius, really?

PLEASE read the books. I have them right here...