Saturday, August 9, 2008

back to the basics

Sometimes I feel as though I get way too caught up in the goings on around me, and forget to pay attention, and keep up with the people that I love and care about. So for anyone whom I have ignored in the last little while, I apologize. There are things that we see that make us take notice of our lives, and make us realize that we need to get back to the basics. Family is the most important thing, and sometimes I can't quite believe that I moved away from my beloved family. I feel it is a test for me, and one that I don't always pass. I have to hear from my mom that my little brother has a new job, that my brother is buying a car, and other seemingly minor things, but thing I would have known firsthand had I still been living in the vicinity. I feel as though, my life would be a whole lot different if I would just stick to the basics and take care of myself, and stop focusing on trying to be everyone's friend (and maybe more than friends). I love you all. Take care of you and yours.

6 comments:

Annie and Dan said...

Kara you are such a loving person... I am so happy you are in my life and know that I am here if you ever need anything!

auntie said...

So as I was telling you before you got off the phone from me to take another call, sometime ago I gave my novel to a woman (a published author and young children's publisher) who gave it to her agent said they said they liked it. I'm sure you would have felt pleased for me had you been able to take a moment longer to attend to me. However, I realize there was quite a lot of yelling prior to this momentous attempt at re-telling and I was too busy venting my rage at Tuey to speak with you so I think I will have to also rethink the most important things in my life---one of which is definitely you.

melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa said...

You are following your dreams!Your family back you all the way, we love and miss you terribly but, we also know that you are doing something that you love and are so awesome at!!! Fly high little butterfly you have the world at your fingertips. Much love to you.

Brad and Keri said...

You're so wonderful! I love how you said (and maybe more than friends). You gotta love an honest woman

katie said...

We don't miss you and you aren't missing much. Don't give it a second thought. (Did you expect something sugary? Sorry to disappoint)