Wednesday, August 27, 2008

i'm not sure about this

I don't like working nights. Now I know what you are going to say, that who does..but in all honesty..there are people who prefer it, for whatever reason. I am not one of those people. I dread it. Once I am there, things go ok, but by the end of the night, in the early hours of the morning, I am fighting fatigue so much that I wonder how sharp my skills are. I get things done, mind you, and my patients aren't in danger, but I am so tired. All the time. I am tired even as I write this. My eating schedule is so out of whack, it is kind of distressing. And lets not even think about the fact that I basically don't have a social life anymore! Good thing I am going to get a break and go to my family reunion on Friday...and that's another thing..I have to say the day fo the week, because I can't ever rememer what day it actually is. I mean, I go to work and it is tuesday..and when I come home..wednesday..this shouldn't be confusing, right?!..well it just boggles my mind that when I go to bed and wake up some 7 or 8 hours later..it is still the same day it was when I went to sleep. Also I may be getting new roomate (s)..not sure if there will be one of more...only time will tell. To all of you whom I will see in a few days..I am sure happy about that!! Take care all.

1 comment:

auntie said...

I realize this is delayed, but not because I haven't read it or been involved in your life. October will be here before you know it. Maybe you won't have to be a night owl any longer.