Wednesday, August 20, 2008

gravity..is working against me

I started my new job, sorry if you didn't get the update, last night..and I have to be really honest, it was not that fun. It wasn't terrible, but I really don't like working nights, and my body doesn't either. I have so much to do, and couldn't stay awake this morning to get anything done, so I just ended up sleeping all day (aside from someone who lovingly called me at 11:15..what did I say by the way, anything coherent? I doubt it.). I have to go back tonight, and I am ready to go, ready to see if it gets easier. My manager told me that I would only have to work nights until like October or so, and that makes me happy..that there is an end to the insanity in sight. I seriously do not know how people do it.
On another note, I got to see my very good friend Cassie this week, and finally got meet her husband Craig. It was so much fun to see her and hang out with her. So much has changed in the four years since we have seen each other, but for me it seems as though time just melted away. It makes me happy. I also saw Annie too, not to be overshadowed by Cassie's arrival in the state of Utah. Anyhow, I am kind of losing contact with some of you, whether because of my schedule or yours, and it is making me very upset. I can't seem to get someone, the same someone who woke me up earlier today, on the phone. And so I pose this question: How in the world do you expect me to make it through this journey without you? ;) Love to all.

2 comments:

auntie said...

I heard you felt like you were riding your bike through sand this morning. I suppose after working all night, the last thing you felt like doing was pedaling home. I feel for you, but don't give up. If you thumb back through the pages of your life up to now, you will see that you have more accomplishments and very few failures. Endeavor to persevere and you will succeed. As always.

Sarah said...

congrats on having a job - you're still ahead of me. you rock; you've always been so strong. keep it up!