Friday, September 19, 2008

ready..set..go

Ok..so I did not enter a race or anything..just really couldn't think of anything else that conveyed the excitiment..and trepidation I feel about the new journey I have embarked on. I joined a gym. Take a minute..catch your breath. I know..it is not necessarily the first time this has occured..just the first time I have this kind of resolve. There is a force driving me that I have never had before. Not to say that I don't still feel like there is a chance I will fail. But now I have a secret weapon..her name is Annie..I cannot express how grateful I am that at this time in my life I am here..so she can be by my side. See, for those of you who do not know..Annie is not only a great friend..she is a trained personal trainer. And she is helping me. She swears I am doing her a favor by allowing her to use her talents/training/education..but really and truly..she is helping me make a change in my life that I never had the courage for before (substitute courage for any number of words..motivation, determination, willpower..any of these also work). I have now gone to the gym for two consecutive days..and while getting up and going to work was slightly more difficult than it was before..I feel better mentally about myself. I have way more realistic goals than I have ever had previously, and I know that even though Annie will not be with me everytime I go to the gym (just for two wonderful weeks..the most important two weeks..in my opinion)..I have her to support me. I also have the encouragement from all my family, my mom, my beloved aunt..my sisters, my dad. This is such a big step for me..so if you see me in the near future..give me a little push in that direction..because there is still a part of me that is scared that it isn't going to happen, that I am going to give up for some, as of yet, unseen reason.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

go kara! once annie's done with you then you can be my personal trainer!

good luck with your new goals!

xoxo --c. said...

Oh my goodness -- How coooooool is this?! Love your resolve and joyful determination. And...you must have had a good effect on those Cougars yesterday -- 44-0 for the Wyoming game. Keep on cheering for yourself & our Cougars! Love you -- sis a.

auntie said...

You are the captain of your own ship. Keep a weather eye out for winds that might blow you off course. Venture out into the sea you've dreamed of, but know with a certainty is there.

Annie and Dan said...

Kara, you are so Sweet! I have been away from the blogging world too long and reading your post meant so much to me! I hope you know how proud I am of you and you have been doing such a great job! I look forward to going to the gym with you and I hope I can pass along enough knowledge to help you on your way!

Love You! See you tonight!