Saturday, September 27, 2008

the world lost something great

Paul Newman has passed on. This is very saddening to all in the world, like me, who loved him. Besides being essentially the most beautiful man to ever be, he was a great actor..and from all accounts a good man. My heart is a little bit broken. As Jake told me, however, 83 years is a full life, so lets not get too dramatic. Anyhow..just wanted to memorialize Paul a little bit. If any of you don't know what I am speaking of, rent Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and then you will understand.

2 comments:

auntie said...

I'm with you on this one although I have never seen "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". My first PG rated movie was "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" seen at the movie theater when I was in the fourth grade. I could watch "The Sting" anytime and I also really have a fondness for "Nobody's Fool." Yesterday at the grocery store, I stood in front of the salad dressings and paid homage. There will never be another like him.

Also, I do not appreciate clicking onto your blog this morning and being re-assaulted by the bleeding love, heart, whatever, song. I was assured by you that the music had been changed and what's more I believed you. This must be remedied immediately. In the words of Katie, "That is sufficient."

katie said...

I have not spoken of his death yet, but will now do so. I also feel compelled to point out to you that I introduced you to Paul. Jason is making me get off the computer. Life is unjust sometimes. I will revisit this wonderful subject later, as I have something to say on the matter.