Saturday, July 26, 2008

plays and dancing

So..Thursday was pioneer day here in the beehive state..and to be completely honest I didn't celebrate it really. What I did, however, was a complete blast. It all started with us deciding that we wanted to go sing karaoke, now I know that sounds crazy but hey..that's me. So, the girls I am going with find a place in Salt Lake..and it is set..problem is they want to leave at like 9:30 at night..and I have to be up at 5 the next morning. I debate about this issue, but I really want to go, and with some encouragement from those around me, I decide to go despite the fact that I will basically be foregoing sleep. So I get ready, lookin smokin hot by the way, and meet at my guy friends apartment for the trek up there. We get there, and there is no karaoke really, just a bar. Great, in my mind I have a flashback to a terrible trip we took to SLC my freshman year, where we were going to go dancing, and ended up at the worst dive ever. I just couldn't go through that again. Not to fear, after a quick stop at the Mickey D's (the guys were hungry)..we went to a LDS run dance club, where we were able to get our groove on, AND sing karaoke. Also, one of the guys I was with tried to teach me some Latin dancing, and further reinforced in my mind that I want to take dance lessons. Just so we're clear, I did in fact sing karaoke, not solo by any means, but we all took turns, and there was no shame in it!! It was so much fun, and I greatly enjoyed myself. What I did not enjoy was getting up the next morning at 5:30 (yeah, I slept in) after getting home at 2:15. But it was well worth it, blistered feet, extreme fatigue and all. There may be more I want to say, but not in this particular venue, so I will have to leave it at that!!
Tonight, after work, I went to a collection of short plays that one of the guys in my ward was directing, some were alright, but there were some really good ones. Then the group I was with (not a big group, just 3 of us) went and got shakes. I then went to my guy friend's apartment, where I was introduced to The Flight of the Concords, and I must say that was an interesting experience. I am not sure this is quite the explanation/description any of y'all were lookin for, but I just have to say that it was fun, and I am not sure what else you want from me? =)

5 comments:

auntie said...

Okay, my little social butterfly...I hope you are all rested up. You may have given some explanation as to what the Flight of the Concords might be. Airplanes or grapes? (I'm old you know, and I look to you to keep me up to date. After all, I am now in the know about the new kids who are (yuck) not so new after all.) How did I manage without you for so long? You brighten my life.

melissa said...

I miss you so much I wish that I could be with you or talk to every day and if not that every other!!! Don't you forget your my girlie and me and me and your uncle miss and adore you!!!! You fly high and enjoy life to it's fullest and thank you for sharing such a big part of your love for life. Gramie

katie said...

I need something more current to comment on. What is the hold up??

auntie said...

Consider yourself admonished for not blogging. I don't want to hear any excuses. I'm feeling quite cheated.

auntie said...

hmmm....seems to me if you are leaving comments on other blogs, you should indeed have time to write a few lines for we who are so desperate to hear from you.

signed, a certain person