Thursday, July 3, 2008

this week in review

Now, I have to tell you to start with that there is really not going to be much to update, but here goes. First to my sister skate: there really is nothing to tell you, but I will call you at some point, this is not the forum for that kind of talk. Second, I went to the pool the other day, to wait while my laundry was washing/drying, and ended getting burnt, not fun, but at least I am not pasty white anymore! So, today I finished my rotation in the cardiac ICU, and have to say that I loved it, and felt like I actually can function as a nurse on my own, and have the knowledge and ability to be successful. I had a job interview yesterday (!!) with a group of managers that may offer me a position with the ICU (not cardiac but just regular run of the mill really sick people), and some other areas. They term it the Critical Care Cluster, but I know for a fact that other people in my program interviewed for the exact same position, so I have to first hope that my bright and sparkling personality will win me the job, and that the ER really doesn't want me. So, we will see on that one. I have more than a few days off, but before anyone gets excited, I have state boards next Friday, therefore I will most likely spend the majority of the time studying (blah). And now, just to vent some frustration at being relatively young and having GREY hairs, I really don't appreciate it, and now, instead of 2, I have at least 3 or 4 that I can find. It is quite distressing, so I may be finding someone to do my hair this weekend, because I am kind of freaking out about it. Also, just a side note, I signed a year contract with my apartment complex (after deciding that I really could afford it) and made them give me a full bed (as I was promised) and LOVE IT! I found some really pretty sheets (300 ct) and am so excited about it! FINALLY..not a twin bed!! I also need to mention..that even though the olympics have not started yet, the trials have, and I am slightly obsessed (especially with Michael Phelps). Enough rambling for now, hope this satisified whatever urge anyone had to get inside my head.

No comments: