Thursday, June 26, 2008

ebony and ivory

I went out on a limb tonight and prepared a dessert for our ward Dessert Night. I looked all over the grocery store looking for a great idea..and finally decided to make oreo pudding pie (oreo crust, oreo pudding and cool whip)..and was now going to have to find a very creative name for it and to top it off..have to present it to my entire ward. By myself. So...I called in reinforcements, after encouragement from Katie..Ryann (I thought jokingly) told me to call it Ebony and Ivory and sing the song by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney. I didn't even know that was a song..and I thought I knew a thing or two about MJ. Well..after talking with auntie and consulting the internet..heard the song (which is by Paul and Stevie Wonder..by the way). Well..at this point in time..I am pretty set on calling it Ebony and Ivory..and now about this song that I have just heard. It is pretty corny to be honest..but kinda funny. It is like 8:30 and dessert night is at 10. There is no way on this earth that I will be able to learn this song..much less learn it..but to sing it by myself in front of the ward. Not a chance. So..auntie informed me that there is a video on youtube. I consulted with a friend..and she said she would learn it and sing it with me..but she was busy till like 9:30. So I go up to the apartment where this glorious event is going to take place about 15 min before 10 and we look up the song on the internet..it won't play..but the video (which is totally 80s magic..in case you want to check it out) will..so I decide to scratch the singing and just give a little intro and play the video. Which is what I do. Everyone laughed..and said the dessert was really good. And..I met some really cool people who are in my ward..and we had a lot of fun. So it was a pretty great evening after all the build up and stress about the presentation. As a side note..I love the songs that are now on my blog..hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

auntie said...

I'm glad to know that the crying jag never emerged. I can sleep better knowing that you are well informed about this song. And I will never again mistake Stevie for Michael.

Linds said...

Hi Kara I'm so glad you are blogging so I know what you are doing and so I know more about you!Lots of Love

Annie and Dan said...

Mmmmm that dessert sounds sooo good. I will definately have to make it some time!! I am glad your presentation went well and thanks for reminding me that I am old and go to bed so early. Dessert at 10pm?? are you crazy... that is bed time :)

katie said...

It has been a week. There is no excuse for not updating this site sooner. I need more info about certain subjects and no withholding. You know what I am talking about.