Tuesday, June 24, 2008

do you know a good mechanic?

I had plans for today..I was going to go to the temple, clean my apartment (we have cleaning checks tomorrow), go to lunch with a friend, and maybe spend a little time at the pool. Other than the cleaning..which I have yet to do..I didn't do any of these things, because when I went outside and got in my car, it wouldn't start. Great. Here I am miles away from family, and while there are mechanics on every corner..where to go? And..I don't really have any guy friends yet who could help me..so there I was stranded without anyone or anywhere to turn to. So..I call up a friend that is from the area thinking that her or her father perhaps would know where to go..and sure enough she told me where to go. So instead of the day I had planned..I took my car..which finally started..to the shop and spent the 3 hours it took to get it fixed walking around the mall trying to NOT spend money. (It almost worked..I spent very little) So onward and upward..car is fixed..and I am no worse for the wear. So I now have a mechanic..although..I am most likely going to invest in AAA so I don't ever have to not know what to do again.

2 comments:

katie said...

Glad to see you handle this situation without any drama and stress. Very mature and maybe a bit graceful as well. Good luck little girl.

auntie said...

I've yet to hear what the actual mechanical trouble was with the car besides the fact that it wouldn't start.